- Ancestry Library Edition is an invaluable resource for genealogists and family researchers looking for census records, immigration information, passenger lists, birth, marriage, death and military records. Also includes charts and tools, plus much more. Available for in-library use only.
- AtoZDatabases is ideal for locating long-lost relatives or planning your next family reunion.
- Florida Newspaper Database is useful for searching obituaries. It contains full text articles from over 50 state and local newspapers, including Florida Trend (1985-present), Miami Herald (2000-present), Orlando Sentinel (2000-present), Tampa Bay Business Journal (1984-present), and the St Petersburg/Tampa Bay Times (1998-present).
- Pinellas County Public Records Database contains adult criminal records, civil claims records, marriage license records, mortgage foreclosures, parking tickets, probate records, real estate tax records, traffic citations, and other county records. Available for in-library use only. Please see a reference librarian to log in.
Clearwater Sun Collection
The Clearwater Public Library System owns the copyright to the Clearwater Sun newspaper. Digitizing the newspaper's photographs and newspaper issues is ongoing at Pinellas Memory. Issues from 1925-1989 are available on microfilm for use at the Clearwater Main Library. Please contact us using this form to request research assistance.
We maintain a popular collection of old city directories, useful for researching people and businesses over time.
Search the St Pete Times/Tampa Bay Times Archive
>>Search for articles from 1987-present.
>>Search for articles from 1870-2000.
Other Pinellas county papers archived by Google News include the St. Petersburg Daily Times, the St. Petersburg Evening Independent, and the St. Petersburg Independent.
Please note that you cannot print from the Google News archive, although you may be able to use your computer's screen print function to grab a picture. Should you need back issues of the St. Petersburg Times/Tampa Bay Times, please visit the Main Library and request access to the microfilm. You can also request reprints of specific articles directly from the newspaper.
How to Order State of Florida Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates
The State of Florida’s Bureau of Vital Statistics partners with Vitalchek.com to provide copies of birth certificates, death certificates, marriage records, and divorce records. All can be ordered from http://www.vitalchek.com. Please note that cause of death will not be indicated on the certificate unless you submit proof of your familial relationship.
General Genealogy Resources
- Cyndi's List
- Charts and Forms (from Rootsweb)
- World Family Names (Public Profiler)