O*Net Online Occupation Search (Occupational Outlook Forecasts)
Job Search Links
City of Clearwater Jobs
CivilianJobs.com (Military Civilian Careers)
* Craigslist (Tampa Bay Area)
Florida Job Network
Florida Jobs & Careers
Florida Library Jobs
Hillsborough County Jobs
Inside Higher Ed
Jobing.com (Tampa Bay Jobs)
KForce Staffing & Solutions
Pasco County Jobs
People First (State of Florida Jobs)
Pinellas County Jobs
Pinellas County Schools
Randstad Staffing and Recruiting
Robert Half Professional Staffing
Southern Teachers Agency (Serving the entire Southeast)
Substitute Teaching Hillsborough
Tampa Bay Area
Healthcare Center and Hospitals - University Community Health Tampa Florida
The Chronicle of Higher Education
Thingamajob.com (Contract, Temp-to-Perm Jobs)
USAJOBS (Federal Jobs)
*We recommend starting with these.
Help from Your Library
Databases and materials you can use in your job search.
Career Transitions (you will need your library card number)
- This robust database is great for all aspects of the job search. You can explore career keywords, practice for an interview, or use their resume creation tool.
AtoZdatabases (you will need your library card number)
- Have a job interview coming up and need to know more about the business? Hoping to make some cold calls? Use AtoZdatabases to search for businesses in your field.
Find job search materials in the catalog or on the shelf.
- Guides for writing resumes and cover letters are found in the 650s.
- DVDs with interview strategies are also available.
Websites and online resources you can use in your job search.
Your Online Brand
- A Linked In profile is important to demonstrate connections and can be linked on a resume.
- Consider placing any presentations you have made on Slideshare as an online portfolio. This can also be linked on a resume.
- Google yourself. Verify that overly personal information on Facebook or other social media doesn't show up in public search results. Restrict your profile's privacy settings to show only information that reflects your professional self. We'd be happy to assist you with this process at Computer Help or by e-mail.
Computer Skills Websites
- Microsoft Office Tutorials: Looking to get up to speed on the latest versions of MS Office? Check out these tutorials.
- Click here for more links to computer help online.
Resume & Interview Skills Videos
21st Century Job Searching