Economic Development & Housing
Clearwater's Technology District
Clearwater's Virtual Incubator Program (VIP)
Managed by Tampa Bay Innovation Center
Tech District Boundary Map (PDF)
VIP Program Flyer (PDF)
The City of Clearwater, in partnership with the Tampa Bay Innovation Center (TBIC), has launched Clearwater's Virtual Incubator Program (VIP) for early- to mid-stage Information Technology (IT)/Software companies located in the City's Technology District to facilitate the retention, growth and attraction of IT-related businesses.
Clearwater's VIP provides Incubator and Accelerator counseling, business plan development and marketing services based on eligibility, initial evaluation, and client needs. Acceptance into the programs is limited. All fees are paid by the City of Clearwater upon acceptance.
Business Plan 360 Review Assessment:
- Executive Summary defining a Path Forward
- Business Readiness Review Rating: Feasibility of the Business
- Marketability of the Product or Service
- Strength of the Management Team
- Assessment of Risk
- Sales Trends and Forecasts
- Capital Requirements
Financial Plan Review and Assistance:
- Incubator: (Minimum of three months participation required) Business Plan Assistance, Market Research Services (as available), Staff Review, Assignment of one mentor plus the services included in the Entrepreneur's Hub
- Accelerator: (Minimum of three months participation required) Business Plan Review, Full Vetting Committee Review, Market Research Services (as available), Assignment of an advisory board plus the services included in the Entrepreneur's Hub
Companies interested in becoming a ClearwaterVIP client must meet the following criteria1:
- A researched, viable technology as determined by TBIC
- Located or considering location in the City's Technology District2
- Interest in growing your business
- Review by TBIC Client Services Team
- 1-10 employees
- Less than $1,000,000 in revenue
- IT/Software Development industry3
Companies interested in becoming an Accelerator client must meet the following additional criteria:
- Full-time commitment of operating executive
- Operating history of at least six months
- History of monetary investment
For additional inquiries, please contact Denise Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 562-4031.
* Program fees paid by the City of Clearwater are limited to 6 clients per year. Additional criteria may apply.
1 Must meet all eligibility criteria and be accepted into the program by TBIC.
2 The Technology District boundaries are those of the Community Redevelopment Agency Area of Clearwater, FL. See Boundary Map here.
3 Limitations apply including exclusion of smart phone applications developers.