|Human Resources Home
Documents and Publications
City Pay Plan
Retiree Benefits Information
Services and Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Human Resources
Welcome to Human Resources!
Most citizens recognize the Human Resources Department as the “employment arm” of the City of Clearwater, but we’re much more than that! HR is comprised of four distinct divisions: Administration and Strategic Planning; Recruitment, Selection and Training; Compensation and Classification; and Employee Benefits, Employee Relations, and Labor Relations. All of the divisions work together in support of our mission: “To optimize the City’s human resources capability by acquiring, maintaining, developing, and retaining, a diverse, highly qualified, motivated, and productive work force.” The core values that we strive for include: working strategically, acting in a responsive and professional manner, maintaining flexibility to meet the needs of our employees and customers, and treating all customers in a caring manner with dignity and respect. Our goals:
- Create a high performance organizational climate that encourages outstanding customer service and continuous quality improvement through effective recruitment, selection and retention programs, training and development initiatives, and reward and recognition programs.
- Improve communication, interaction, and cooperation between HR and its customers.
- Help foster an organizational climate that makes the City a “premier place to work”.
- Promote programs and activities that expose the City’s work force to community organizations.
- Promote an organizational workforce that reflects the City’s demographics.