City of Clearwater Retirees
The City of Clearwater values its retirees and their hard work and dedication throughout the years. Information and resources that you might need after retiring from the city are included here.
Attention retirees with Health Insurance: Karen Dombrowski was recently appointed as the retiree representative on the City’s Benefits Committee. Karen’s role is to assist other committee members and administrators in making prudent decisions involving employee and retiree health benefits each year.
Karen is encouraging all retirees to reach out to her and provide your email address so she can keep you better informed with benefit changes or other pertinent information regarding your benefits as a retiree. Karen’s email address is KJD1613@hotmail.com.
City retirees have the option of enrolling in the city's medical, dental, and other benefit plans at the time they retire only. Retirees who do not maintain health insurance coverage directly from active employment or at the time they meet the criteria to receive a pension benefit, or those who maintain health insurance coverage and drop it at a later date, are not permitted to re-enroll in the City's group health insurance plan.
Following are some resources that may be of interest to you.
- Open Enrollment / Benefits 2013/2014
- Online Enrollment Benefits Center
- Employee Health Center
- Cigna Health Insurance
- Assurant Dental
- Humana/CompBenefits Dental
- EAP and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Services (retirees enrolled in the city's medical insurance are also covered for EAP/MHNet):
- City Pension Ordinance
- City Pension Eligibility
- Non-Hazardous Duty Hired prior to January 1, 2013: Thirty years of credited service and any age OR twenty years of credited service and age fifty-five OR ten years of credited service and age sixty-five.
- Non-Hazardous Duty Hired on or after January 1, 2013: twenty-five years of credited service and age sixty OR ten years of credited service and age sixty-five.
- Hazardous Duty: Twenty years of credited service and any age OR ten years of credited service and age fifty-five.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans:
- 401a Money Purchase Pension Plan
As always, you may contact Human Resources with questions about benefits, pension payments, or other concerns by calling (727) 562-4870. You also may submit questions online through the Citizen Request Center using the "Retirees - Questions or Concerns from Retirees" category. Please provide an e-mail address so we may get back in contact with you.