|Parks and Recreation Home
Adult Softball League Schedules and Standings
Arts & Culture
Parks & Recreation Program Online Registration
Documents and Publications
E - Newsletter Sign Up
Forms and Applications
Master Plan Update
Moccasin Lake Environmental Center Plan
Office on Aging
Services and Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
Parks and Recreation
Ream Wilson Clearwater Trail
The Ream Wilson Clearwater Trail Adopt-A-Trail program is a cooperative partnership between Clearwater businesses, churches, schools, neighborhood associations, civic groups, clubs and other service related organizations and the City of Clearwater Parks and Recreation Department.
- Program participants agree to perform cleanups four times each year, to remove litter and debris, as well as vegetation removal, invasive removal and trimming, with the guidance of City staff, over a two-year adoption period.
- Adopt-A-Trail adoptions greatly enhance the appearance of the trail and go toward reducing the debris entering our waterways and polluting the natural habitats of our native wildlife.
- Groups and businesses share an increased pride in their community and a heightened sense of ownership.
- Your group or organization is credited on Adopt-A-Trail signage along the trail.
- Participants are listed on the City of Clearwater Parks and Recreation Volunteering web page, mentioned in the Email Volunteer Newsletter and in the MyClearwater Magazine.
Once You Are Approved
- Your group will schedule your project when it works best for your group.
- Let us know when you plan to schedule your projects, we will provide trash bags, gloves and report forms. Also, it’s important to be sure your project doesn’t conflict with other planned activities.
- Cleanup can include trash, sticks and moss along the trail, and any other discarded debris.
- Be sure to submit a report with cleanup results and total hours spent cleaning after each cleanup.
- Your group may be asked to participate in a larger project along the trail with City staff, such as invasive removal.
- Select a section of the Ream Wilson Clearwater Trail that your group would like to adopt.
- Larger groups may be able to adopt more than one section. Trail sections may be adopted out twice. This will allow for trash and debris to be removed more often.
- Fill out the agreement to perform cleanups quarterly for a two-year period on your chosen part of the trail.
- To return the agreement, you can scan and email it, fax it to 727-562-4825 or mail it to PO Box 4748, Clearwater, FL 33758.
If you have any questions, contact the Volunteer Specialist at 562-4803.
We would like to thank the following community organizations for their
support with the adoption program: