Lacrosse is considered to be America’s first sport. It was introduced by the
Native American Indians and has been played for over a century. It is the fastest growing team
sport in the United States. Lacrosse is a combination of three popular sports: basketball, soccer
and hockey. The game is fast-paced and full of action due to the players’ quickness and speed.
Coordination and agility are important factors of the game as well. The City of Clearwater offers
the following leagues.
Clearwater Youth Lacrosse
- Dan Wood, 727-743-2782
- Jere Gunderman, 727-562-4802, ext. 3813
- Register in August
- Season runs October – December
- Register in January
- Season runs February – May
- Practice at Countryside High School, 3000 State Road 580
This is a competitive lacrosse league for youth ages 9 through
18. Participants will learn the fundamentals of stick skills, offense
and defense, as well as the rules of the game. Youth will be divided
into 9-11, 12-14 and 15-18 age brackets.