Summer Camp Programs
What parents say about Clearwater Summer Camps:
What was your child's favorite thing about camp? "Everything! Every morning, (my child) would jump out of bed because she knew she was coming to camp" Andrea G.
"I feel very safe leaving my daughter at this camp all summer. Everyone is very attentive & patient and you can tell a lot of time has gone into safety & training." Beth L.
"I am so happy to have this program in our local community. It provides a healthy & safe environment for our children. The staff is INCREDIBLE. We love you!" Denise A.
All nature camps will be held at Moccasin Lake Nature Park 2750 Park Trail Lane.
Moccasin Lake Nature Camps Registration Forms
Nature Awareness Summer Camp
Instructed by Grow Permaculture. Fun and active hands-on nature activities that will increase awareness, perception, and ability in children. Children will enjoy teamwork, wilderness survival skills, nature awareness games and hikes, wild food, wild crafting, food growing techniques based on nature, and learn principles of self-reliance.
- Ages 8-12 (Younger children will be considered on a case by case basis.)
- June 16 - 20, 8:00am - 5:30pm
- $75 (P) / $100 (R) / $125 (N)
- For more information call 495-6145
Science and Nature Summer Safari Camp
Instructed by Moccasin Lake Nature Park Staff. Camp includes games, arts & crafts, hands-on science experiments, mind-tickling demonstrations, animal and nature observations and much more. Grab your cameras and binoculars and prepare to explore the outdoors!
- Ages 6-11
- 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Three one week sessions: June 30 – July 3, July 7-11, July 14-18
- $75 (P) / $100 (R) / $125 (N) Per session.
- For more information call 793-2976
Sensing Nature Summer Camp
- Ages 7-12
- 9:00am-4:00pm (Optional before/after care offered at an additional fee.)
- $112.50 (P) / $150 (R) / $187.50 (N)
- For more information call 397-2306
July 21-25 Swamps, Marshes, and Mucks Wetland Adventure Camp – Meet all the things that walk, wiggle and unfurl within our magical Florida Wetlands. Explore swamps, marshes, and gooey mucks with professional biologists. Must register by July 7.
July 28-Aug. 1 Florida’s Flying Fauna Camp – What was that zipping through the air? A bird? A butterfly? A flying squirrel? Experience the wonders of Florida’s flying creatures from bats to bees and marvel at their magnificent adaptations. Enjoy hands-on activities including building your own birdhouse. Must register by July 14.
Aug. 4-8 Ancient Florida Camp – Learn about our early Florida Native Americans and the prehistoric animals that roamed your backyard. Experience a fossil dig and keep one of your favorite ‘finds” as well as creating your own pottery just as the Native Americans did. Must register by July 21.
Aug. 11-15 Junior Naturalist Camp – Learn how to identify tracks, scats, and other signs of our native Florida wildlife. Learn the skills that biologists use for documenting our natural world including creating your own nature journal notebook, discovering hidden treasures in owl pellets, and testing your navigation skills during a compass-course scavenger hunt. Must register by July 28.
Summer Camp 2014
Clearwater Camps Build Character
- Camp begins June 9 runs thru August 15, 2014
- $75 play pass/$100 recreation card/$125 without per weekly session
- Registration for residents will begin March 20 (non-residents March 21)
- To expedite the registration process, please purchase your child's Recreation Card or Play Pass prior to registering for camp. In order to receive reduced rates, Recreation Cards and Play Passes must be valid throughout the entire time your child is in camp. Clearwater residents must provide two proofs of residency to qualify for resident rates.
Summer Camp Registration Forms
Please bring these completed forms on the day of registration. Forms will also be available on-site.
Scholarships are available to City of Clearwater residents only. Please contact the center for further information.
On-Line Camp Registration
Customers with a valid Recreation Card or Play Pass can register for camp on-line here.*
*On-line registration is not available for Ross Norton Camp or those who are requesting a scholarship.