|Parks and Recreation Home
Adult Softball League Schedules and Standings
Arts & Culture
Parks & Recreation Program Online Registration
Documents and Publications
E - Newsletter Sign Up
Forms and Applications
Master Plan Update
Moccasin Lake Environmental Center Plan
Office on Aging
Services and Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
Parks and Recreation
Clearwater Summer Camp 2015
“Anything But Average”
2015 marks the 100 year anniversary of the City of Clearwater. To celebrate this monumental anniversary, this year’s summer camp program will be all about the “C”. C is for Clearwater, Camp, Centennial, Character, Community, and so much more. Each week a different “C” theme will be introduced and could include anything from Carnival Week to Crazy Camp Competitions Week. Additionally, each week a different positive Character Trait will be discussed and celebrated. Campers will participate in all kinds of crazy games, creative craft projects, challenging sports, cool field trips, and captivating guest speaker presentations. Campers will cultivate new friendships and create life-long memories under the close supervision of caring adults who are well trained and committed to providing the best summer ever. In other words … this year’s camp will be “Anything But Average”!
Clearwater Camp Locations:
- Countryside Recreation Center, 2640 Sabal Springs Dr.(727-669-1914) Elementary and Middle School Camp (Children entering grades 1-8)
- Long Center, 1501 N. Belcher Rd. (727-793-2320) Elementary and Middle School Camp (Children entering grades 1-8)
- North Greenwood Recreation & Aquatic Complex, 900 N. MLK, Jr. Ave. (727-462-6276) JWB Camp for children ages 11-17
- Ross Norton Recreation & Aquatic Complex, 1426 S. MLK, Jr. Ave. (727-462-6025) Elementary Camp for children ages 5-6, JWB Camp for children ages 7-12
Clearwater Camp Fees and Registration Information:
- Camp Dates: June 8 thru August 21, 2015
- Camp Hours: 7:30am-5:30pm
- Camp Fees: $80 with a play pass/$110 with a recreation card/$140 without a card per weekly session. JWB Camps are $30 for the summer for those who qualify.
- Registration for residents will begin March 26 (non-residents March 27)
- To expedite the registration process, please purchase your child's Recreation Card or Play Pass prior to registering for camp. In order to receive reduced rates, Recreation Cards and Play Passes must be valid throughout the entire time your child is in camp. Clearwater residents must provide two proofs of residency to qualify for resident rates.
- Scholarships are available to City of Clearwater residents only. Please contact the center for further information.
Counselor In Training (C.I.T.) Program:
Young adults entering 9th grade or up who enjoy working with children and are looking for a fun and rewarding way to spend their summer are encouraged to apply for one of our C.I.T. positions. C.I.T.’s are needed at all Clearwater Camp locations and are a valuable part of our camp team. Call the recreation center of your choice to set up an interview. Cost: $112.50 with a Play Pass, $150 with a Recreation Card, or $187.50 without a card for the entire summer.
Pre Summer Camp
The last day for Pinellas County Schools is Tuesday June 2nd and regular camp does not start until June 9th. To help parents cover this gap, Clearwater is offering a Pre Summer Camp at Countryside Recreation Center starting Wednesday, June 3rd- Friday June 5th from 7:30am-5:30pm. Children will have a blast playing games and activities, including our inflatable bounce house and mega slide. Campers are guaranteed to have an AWESOME time! Registration begins March 26th and space is limited, call 669-1914 for more information.
Prices for the 3 day session are:
$48 with Play Pass; $66 with Recreation Card; $84 with no card
Summer Camp Registration Forms
Please bring these completed forms on the day of registration. Forms will also be available on-site.
Scholarships are available to City of Clearwater residents only. Please contact the center for further information.
On-Line Camp Registration
Customers with a valid Recreation Card or Play Pass can register for camp on-line here.*
*On-line registration is not available for JWB Camps or those who are requesting a scholarship.