Permit is valid at any metered parking space without any time restrictions regardless of the time limit on the meter. The only exception is when the spaces are posted with a time restriction for Handicap Parking (i.e., Marina parking). (F.S. 316.1964(2))
All other rules of the spaces / lot must be followed (i.e., No Parking after 10:00 PM).
Permit is valid at any metered parking space located “on-street” with a 4 hour time limit regardless of the posted or meter time limit. (F.S. 316.1964(5))
Correct use of a disabled parking permit
Incorrect use/abuse of a disabled parking permit
- Hang permit on your rearview mirror.
- Hang permit so expiration date can be seen.
- Have permit registration with you at all times.
- Make sure permit is not expired.
- Park properly in disabled space.
- Remove permit before driving.
- Get permit replaced immediately if lost.
- Return permit to DMV if permit is no longer needed.
- Always use YOUR OWN PERMIT ONLY.
- Be courteous to police or parking official.
- Don’t use someone else’s permit (including relative).
- Don’t park in Access Aisle (Striped Area). The fine for parking in an Access Aisle is $255, even with a permit.
- Don’t drive with permit hanging on rearview mirror.
- Don’t use an expired permit.
- Don’t put permit on dash with expiration date covered up.
- Don’t let anyone else use your permit including close family members and relatives.
Permits are registered one permit per name. Permit registered to person not vehicle.