|Solid Waste Home
General Services Home
Solid Waste Collection Schedule Finder
Solid Waste Services:
Documents and Publications
Holiday Collection Schedule
Key Phone Numbers
Customer Service Department
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Solid Waste
Residential Garbage Collection
"Black Barrel" Garbage Container
- Place garbage other than yard waste
in container; close lid; be sure nothing hangs down sides of barrel.
- Yard waste is recycled. Bag or box uncontaminated leaves
and grass clippings; cut tree limbs and brush into four foot lengths
and bundle. Place at curb, not in your black barrel or blue barrel.
- Place container at curb no earlier than 7:00 p.m. on
the night prior to collection day, and no later than 7:00 a.m. that
- Remove container from curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on the
day following collection.
- Place container within two feet of the curb
with handle facing away from curb.
- Do not place container within three
feet of your recycling bin or other obstructions, i.e., mailboxes,
parked cars, trees and guidewires.
- It is your responsibility to keep your container clean.
Wash it periodically with a hose and mild soap.
- Drain and wrap wet garbage prior to placing in your
container. Bag lightweight material (Styrofoam "peanuts," shredded
- Do not place the following items in your container:
hot ashes, yard waste, concrete, electronics, dirt, sod, sand, plaster,
carpeting, lumber, plasterboard, tile, bricks, roofing shingles
or any other construction, remodeling or demolition debris.
- It is illegal to dispose of the following materials
in your container: tires, auto batteries, pool chemicals, toxic or
flammable items or liquid paint. Paint cans will get crushed and leak
onto your streets. Leave lids off latex paint cans to allow the paint
to dry out, or saturate with newspaper, then place in container.
- Oil-based paint, other chemicals, and electronics
must be disposed of at the County's
Household Electronics & Chemical Collection Center, or at
scheduled mobile chemical collection events. Call (727) 464-7500 for
* The solid waste truck is on a scheduled
route, and cannot return if container is not put out as described
Residential Container Maintenance
If your container is damaged:
the Solid Waste Department at (727) 562-4920
and report the type of damage or repair required and give the service
address of your residence.
- Containers needing repair or replacement must be emptied,
washed out and placed at the curb.
- The City is not responsible for repair or replacement
of containers at no charge when damage is caused by abuse or negligence.
If your container is stolen or vandalized:
- Call the City of Clearwater Police
Department at (727) 562-4200 as soon as possible. Request a police
report number for reference.
- Call the Solid Waste at (727) 562-4920
and give the supervisor your police report number and service address.