Demographics and Census Information
Economic Development and Housing Department
Historical Society Web Site
Sister Cities Program (Parks & Recreation's Cultural Affairs Division)
City of Clearwater Vision Statement
"Sparkling Clearwater is a uniquely beautiful and vibrant waterfront
community that is socially and economically diverse, that reinvests in
itself, and is a wonderful place to live, learn, work and play."
...the quality of our experiences, spirit, and opportunities. A distinctive
community, Clearwater combines the beauty of our tropical environment
with festive activities and amenities. It is a safe and fun place that
cooperation, respect, and life long learning.
Clearwater welcomes our dynamic and diverse businesses. Tourism and
technology are trademarks of our local and international investments,
value - both to businesses and to residents. It is a place where all
Clearwater sparkles through its residents, the visitors and investors
who become residents, and through all who care about a healthy and
CARING - We will act in ways which promote a thriving community and citizenry.
We will demonstrate concern and respect for our citizens and our employees
by being attentive to all sides of an issue. We will encourage teamwork,
trust, respect, and open communication.
WELL-RUN - We commit to efficient, effective, economical provision of
services. We will plan and organize to accomplish these goals through
innovation, excellent service, and removing barriers. We will seek and
retain the best leaders. Our employees will be knowledgeable and customer
INTEGRITY - We will be honest, straightforward, and courageous in our
actions. We will be fair, ethical, and consistent as we strive to attain
OUTSTANDING QUALITY - We will set and maintain high standards. We will
provide extraordinary service and require excellence at every level.
FUTURE-ORIENTED DECISION-MAKING - We understand that
the decisions we make today establish the infrastructure, quality of
life, and the direction
of our community for future generations. We will make informed decisions
by considering the pros and cons, the ramifications, the costs, and the
Principles of Operation
- Our primary responsibility is to the community of Clearwater.
will provide a fiscally responsible, stable government committed
to minimum regulation as well as innovation and creativity in service
- We will be accountable, responsive, and accessible as an organization.
- We are committed to providing high quality services in a timely,
and economical manner.
- We will reduce the barriers to services and information.
- We will work in partnership with all in our community to build
a city which is safe, economically sound, and physically attractive
provides the opportunities and amenities conducive to a high quality
- We will encourage community participation in our activities.
- We recognize the mutual responsibility of government and citizens
for the quality of life in our community.
- We will strive to provide the opportunity and assistance required
to enable individuals and groups to meet valid community needs.
- We recognize and respect the dedication, professionalism, and commitment
of our employees and take pride in their accomplishments.
- We are committed to creating an environment which encourages employees
at all levels to respond constructively, creatively, and practically
to community needs.
- We recognize the value of taking calculated risks and will encourage
it by allowing employees to learn from mistakes without fear of unreasonable
- We are committed to ongoing employee training and development to
ensure the high level of competence necessary for quality governance
- We affirm the dignity and worth of public service.
- We acknowledge our responsibility to be stewards deserving the
public trust, to be fiscally responsible in our daily decisions,
and develop the potential within each person, and to be enthusiastic
partners in providing quality service to our community.