Special Event Permits and Public Use or Rental of City Property
Shelters & Pavilions
Shelter & Open Space Dos and Don'ts
The following items and practices are not permitted at Shelters & Pavilions:
- NO staples, nails, tape, pushpins, tacks or paint to put up decorations
- NO sprinkles, glitter, confetti, rice, and birdseed
- NO consumption of alcoholic beverages
- NO consumption of illegal drugs
- NO smoking
- NO grills or open flames of any kind except in established fireplaces or barbecue pits
- NO glass containers or bottles
- NO gambling or games of chance
- NO admission charge, donations, or the sale of items
- NO unauthorized vendors
- NO littering
- Leave facilities in the same condition as before use
- Dispose of any trash and decorations
- Get written approval from the Parks & Recreation Department if a commercial group uses City property to promote their products, business, etc.
- Get written approval for use of fireworks on City property
- Get written consent from the Parks and Recreation Department for amplified sound and bounce amusements (may require a Special Event Permit/Park Usage Permit)
First Come - First Serve Picnic Areas
The following parks have picnic areas available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parks & Recreation does not take reservations for these areas.
Pier 60 Pavilion Rental
Organizations and individuals who wish to hold any organized activity in the Pier 60 Pavilion will need to fill out a Pier 60 Pavilion Rental Form.
The following terms and conditions are provided to assist in the completion of the Pier 60 Pavilion Rental Application:
- Pavilion use may require the applicant to complete a Special Event Application, which is subject to Special Events Committee approval and the purchase of liability insurance.
- Upon request, liability insurance and/or a statement of “hold harmless” must be submitted to Risk Management for review prior to approval of this application.
- Sound: A Special Event Application must be processed for issuance of a Sound Permit.
- Power: Standard electrical service consists of 110-volt outlets.
- The hanging of anything from the Pavilion structure is strictly prohibited, except lightweight cloth or paper signs or banners may be suspended after receiving prior approval from the City. The user group assumes all responsibility and risks associated with the said sign or banner. The user is responsible for hanging and removing banners and/or signs and providing their own ladders. Climbing or walking on the structure is prohibited.
- Any changes after issuance of the permit letter must be approved.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- The sale of food and/or beverages is prohibited.
- Open flame or cooking is prohibited.
Special Event Permits
Organizations and individuals who wish to hold any organized activity (concert, sporting activity, rally, parade, fireworks, arts and crafts show, etc.) involving the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits, will need to fill out a Special Event Permit Application (below) for review and approval by the Special Events Committee.
Special Event Permit Application
Permit Process and Cost
- Special Event Permit Applications are only required for events that meet any of the following criteria:
- Event has 75 people or more
- Event has Amplified Sound
- Event involves the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits
- The application will not be processed if the information is incomplete and the $100 application fee has not been received.
- Please make any check payments made payable to the "City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Department".
- Submit application and payment at least 30 days prior to the event set-up. You can mail printed applications to the City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept. Attn: Christopher Hubbard, 100 S. Myrtle Ave. Clearwater, FL 33756, or fax to 562-4825.
- All expenses for insurance, security, fencing, restrooms, tents, sound systems, and services provided by City of Clearwater departments shall be paid by the event organizer.
- In most cases, a minimum of $1 million of insurance per occurance and $2 million general aggregate is required. Securing and paying for insurance is the responsibility of the applicant.
Clearwater Beach Special Event Venues
Weddings & Ceremonies on Clearwater Beach
The City of Clearwater encourages our community and visitors to take advantage of our beautiful beach and enjoy your time with us.
Depending on the size and scope of your event, you may not need a Special Event Permit. If it is a small ceremony of less than 75 people, with no amplified sound or structures (gazebos, tents, etc.), then you are more than welcomed to use our beach for your ceremony. Chairs are allowed on the beach. We do request that any setup be done immediately before the ceremony, and chairs and decorations to be taken off the beach immediately after the ceremony. Please be aware that alcohol, glass and open flames are prohibited on the public beach.
**Please Note : Beach activities north of Avalon Street are not permitted.**
- Special Event Permit Applications are required for beach events that meet any of the following criteria:
- Event has 75 people or more
- Event has Amplified Sound
- Event involves structures (Gazebos, tents, etc.) having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits
Submit application and $100 application fee at least 30 days prior to the event set-up.
Make checks payable to the City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept.
Ways to Submit Special Event Application
Mail: City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept.
Attn: Christopher Hubbard
P.O. Box 4748
Clearwater, FL 33758
Clearwater Beach Venues for Rent
- Beach Venue #1: Rockaway Venue 200'x200' = Approximately 40,000 sq. ft.
- Beach Venue #2: North Pier 60 Venue 120'x200' = Approximately 24,000 sq. ft.
- Beach Venue #3: South Pier 60 Venue 115'x400' = Approximately 46,000 sq. ft.
- Beach Venue #4: S. Gulfview Venue 40'x330'= Approximately 13,200 sq. ft.
- Beach Venue #5: Beachwalk South Venue 100'x100' = Approximately 10,000 sq. ft.
Please Note: No more than 2 of the 5 venues may be used at any one time.
For rental inquiries, please contact Christopher Hubbard at (727)562-4837, or by e-mail at